• Past week:
  • Hi:°
  • Lo:°

Weather

Currently:°F

Feels Like:°F

Staff Blogs

A Total Lack of Wisdom

Ugh. Talk about a great way to start off my summer. My sister and I got our wisdom teeth taken out yesterday and while my mouth actually feels fine, my stomach is still waging a full-scale revolt. I think I've eaten more applesauce in the last 36 hours than most babies have in their first two years of life. Anyway, besides causing me to lose my mashed potatoes, the anesthetics and sedatives floating through my system yesterday also gave me the weirdest (and lamest) daydreams. Several were about how urgently I needed to upload pictures from graduation to my Facebook, and then the rest involved me missing graduation parties because I was too busy watching Beaches with my sister as we recovered.

Speaking of graduation parties, I have several more to attend tomorrow and Sunday. Last weekend, the weekend of McCutcheon's graduation, I went to 23 parties - I had printed itineraries and everything. Several of my good friends at Harrison invited me to their open houses, but there simply wasn't enough time to get up there. And then next Sunday is my graduation open house - and what a production that's turning out to be. Oy vey. So far I've assembled three scrapbooks, including one I started and finished today on my applesauce high. It's so exciting to be done with high school and to have an entire three hour block where it's okay to brag, but getting ready for the darn thing is exhausting.


And, of course, Sunday is my 19th birthday. In this whirlwind of college decisions, graduation preparation, and teeth extractions, I nearly forgot I'm almost done being 18. Nineteen is kind of a sad, forgotten year - 18 is all about getting tattoos and lottery tickets and voting and "freedom," and then 20 is an entire new prefix, but 19? Kind of sad and lost. I don't think I'm much different than I was last June 3rd when I turned 18, but I guess expecting a grand transformation is a bit much to ask. I don't really feel any older, smarter, wiser (haha, teeth jokes), whatever, but then again last year I didn't have nearly as many things vying for my attention - a job, 4-H, graduation, getting ready for college. I suppose I will let it sink in that I am actually 19 when I'm almost ready to turn 20, because that always seems the usual course of things.


3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said... (6/05/2007 12:40 PM)  
happy belated birthday
Blogger Ashley F said... (6/06/2007 5:11 PM)  
AH! It's finally up!
Blogger Ashley F said... (6/06/2007 5:14 PM)  
Such a pretty picture as well.

Post a Comment
Return to Blog Frontpage

ADVERTISEMENT

JOBS & CAREERS





jconline.com | weather | jobs | cars | homes | apartments | classifieds | shopping | dating

Use of this site signifies your agreement to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy (updated 6/7/2005).
Copyright © 2005, Federated Publications, Inc. A Gannett Site.

 Get RSS feeds of J&C headlines

Partners
Jobs: CareerBuilder.com | Cars: cars.com | Apartments: apartments.com | Shopping: ShopLocal.com

Gannett Indiana Network
Indianapolis | Fishers | Lafayette-West Lafayette | Marion | Muncie | Noblesville | Richmond